Was the Brother MFC-9340CDW worth the money back in the year 2013? Well, for some of us – definitely. Yes, it’s true, the output quality wasn’t that great and you could probably brew and drink a whole cup of coffee until you get your 50 pages document printed out, but it didn’t matter. The device had so many cool features which eased up the daily workflow, like Wireless connectivity, that you just couldn’t get angry at it. Some of our colleagues through the industry are still using them, and the only thing you need to do from time to time is exchange the MFC 9340cdw drum unit, which we’re going to cover in this article today.
Where can I buy an affordable Brother MFC 9340cdw drum unit?
First, you need to know which drum unit you need, and when it comes to the MFC 9340cdw, the device is called an Imaging Drum, and it’s going under the name BRTDR221CL, or also as the Brother DR221CL Imaging Drum. Now, in comparison to other drum units, this one’s cost a few dollars more, but nothing which is out of the ordinary. Expect to pay around $130 for the whole setup, which includes the whole setup: Black, Cyan, Magenta and Yellow. We would recommend to go directly to the official Brother Store on Amazon (click for link), where you can check out the current deals, and once you have it, be sure to follow the steps below to replace your old one with the newer one:
How to replace the DR-210CL Drum Unit?
- Turn on your MFC-9340cdw and open the front cover of the device.
- Remove the old drum unit from the device, together with the toner cartridge in it.
- There is a green lock lever, push it to release the toner from the drum assembly.
- Unbox your new Brother MFC-9340cdw drum unit
- Take the old toner from the old drum assembly and slide it in to the new drum unit until you hear a click.
- Install the complete unit back in to your device, same position where you found it.
- Close up the front cover, done.