Having a multi-functional laser printer has its benefits. Not only are you able to sort out almost everything which you need in the office, from printing, scanning, faxing and managing larger projects, you’re also tied to a machine which has an affordable way of replacing toner cartridges and drum units. One would say that an almost 8 year old machine would not have proper support after so many years of being on the market, but that’s not the case with the MFC-8680DN. You can still buy genuine parts without having to sell your kidney and we’re going to show you where exactly and with which model to go for in the part below:
Where can I buy an affordable Brother MFC-8680DN drum unit?
So, your device, the MFC-8680DN, is featuring the Brother DR-620 Drum Unit in it, which is also going under the name BRTDR620. The price of it is around $100, and in return it offers around 25.000 page yield. As of now, it can be bought via the official Brother store on Amazon under this link: DR-620 Drum Unit, and once the order is in your hands, you can start with the next step, which is replacing the old drum unit with the old one:
How to replace the DR-620 Drum Unit?
- Turn on your MFC-8680DN and open the front cover of the device.
- Remove the old drum unit from the device, together with the toner cartridge in it.
- There is a green lock lever, push it to release the toner from the drum assembly.
- Unbox your new Brother MFC 8680DN drum unit
- Take the old toner from the old drum assembly and slide it in to the new drum unit until you hear a click.
- Install the complete unit back in to your device, same position where you found it.
- Close up the front cover, done.